Sarah M. Grago
Sarah Grago joined Howanksi & Erdman as an associate in 2015 and her practice is dedicated to family law matters involving divorce, custody, child support, alimony, adoption, and settlement agreements.
A native of Catonsville, Maryland, Sarah is a graduate of Mount de Sales Academy (2007), and Loyola University Maryland (2011 – B.A. Political Science & Spanish, Phi Beta Kappa). Sarah graduated summa cum laude, and as a member of the Heuisler Honor Society, from the University of Baltimore School of Law in 2015. There, she served as the Managing Editor of the University of Baltimore Law Forum; competed on the ABA National Appellate Advocacy Moot Court Team; completed 40-hour basic mediation training, and worked as a Rule 16 Student Attorney in the Civil Advocacy Clinic where she represented low-income individuals in poverty law litigation, including arguing an appeal before the Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation’s Board of Appeals in an unemployment benefits matter. She also received the University of Baltimore Students for Public Interest (UBSPI) grant in 2014 to volunteer at an immigration non-profit (Political Asylum Immigration Representation Project, “PAIR”) in Boston, Massachusetts, where she provided legal representation to asylum and detention clients.
Outside of the office, Sarah enjoys long distance running, traveling, and spending time with her family, friends, and dog. Sarah is fluent in Spanish.
- Court of Appeals of Maryland, 2015
- University of Baltimore School of Law, J.D. 2015, summa cum laude, Heuisler Honor Society
- Loyola University of Maryland, B.A. 2011, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Alpha Sigma Nu
- Mount de Sales Academy
- Recent Development, In Re Sean M., 44 Balt. L.F. 91 (2013).
- Sarah Grago and Marisa Trasatti, To Try or Not to Try: Who Decides is the Question, FDCC Quarterly, Summer 2015, available at: http://www.thefederation.org/documents/V64N4_Cove-to-Cover_8-4-15.pdf.
Associations and Activities
- Baltimore County Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Committee
- Running Club, Co-Founder
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Section: Membership Co-Chair